This ruggedized capacitive analog soil moisture sensor is waterproof, corrosion resistant and industrially protected for optimal durability and sustained performance. The ruggedized capacitive analog soil moisture sensor works with Arduino, or Raspberry Pi, Adosia IoT systems or any microcontroller capable of reading a 0-3V analog input signal.
Adosia first applies a dual coat of waterproof urethane conformal seal to protect the PCB components. We then further seal out moisture with a 3:1 dual walled and glue adhesive-lined waterproof heat shrink.
Further ruggedizing and waterproofing the capacitive analog soil moisture sensor is necessary to ensure long life operation of the moisture sensor within Arduino prototypes extending to real world applications.
A rugged and waterproof soil moisture sensor increases system reliability while also lowering the total cost of ownership and reducing overall maintenance of your IoT and/or gardening systems. Without ruggedizing and waterproofing, the soil moisture sensor circuitry is all but guaranteed to short out when it gets the slightest bit wet.
Rugged Soil Moisture Sensor Benefits:
- long and reliable field operating life
- lowest total cost of ownership
- low power consumption
- compatible with Adosia IoT WiFi Control Modules
Moisture Sensor Features:
- corrosion resistant by design
- double coat waterproof urethane sealant
- further sealed with glue adhesive-lined dual wall waterproof heat shrink
- input voltage: 3.3 ~ 5.0 VDC
- output voltage: 0 ~ 3.0 VDC
- dimension: 98mm * 23mm (3.86in x 0.905in)
- 12″ extendable sensor cable
- self-watering pots and planters
- personal cultivation setups
- automated garden watering applications
- nursery and tree care
- IoT data applications
The Adosia IoT Platform